My plan is to start a DITFT challenge. I still don’t have a name, but I want to organize the generations and everything. Thing is, I’m going to extend out the generations, so it’s going to have more than 16 gens. Lets see how this will work out. I do know that I won’t be playing for points.
The original set of rules can be found here. I simply edited the rules below more to my liking.
“I always wanted to be a farmer. There is a tradition of that in my family. “
Your family was always into the farming deal. They spent their days working hard and asked for their children to do the same. So when you turned 18, your parents surprised you with your own plot of land to continue on tradition. And having always been one to want to impress the folks. You begin creating your own small garden, dedicating your time to that rather then dealing with a dreadful 9-to-5 suit and tie job.
- grow a garden with every type of plant from store! (excludes egg and steak and omni)
- get married, but no woohoo before married (your mama taught you better then that)
- have a boy and a girl. Keep trying til you do! (If unable, you can always adopt the one you are missing)
- Master Gardner skill.
- Obtain and plant every type of plant
- catch every type of fish
- Marry a gal/guy with “Loves Outdoors” and/or “green thumb”
- Master Fisherman Skill
“I was expected to be a farmer like my father and siblings. I broke tradition. It was great.”
Life with your hands in the dirt wasn’t the life for you. You always craved to spend your time in the city and always loved when in the inner-city limits. You crave for more important things then seeing seeds sprout into plants or the days your father spent fishing, as they didn’t interest you as much as your siblings. You decide not to follow the road of a farmer, but turn to business instead.
- Get to level 10 on the Business Career.
- Get to level 10 in Charisma skill
- Get married, woohoo, and have kid(s). (not necessarily in that order)
- Have at least one kid.
- Become enemies with your father and mother (why can’t you be like your brother or/and sister?) before entering your career.
- Partner into a business (doesn’t matter which)
- Make over 50,000 in family funds.
- Marry a co-worker, or even your boss
- Join Journalism Field
- Get married, woohoo, have kid(s). (In whichever order)
- Get to level 10 of writing
- Get to level 10 in journalism career
- Become enemies with father and mother.
- Partner in a buiness
- Write over 10 papers
- Marry someone, work related.
“My parents always working, I was left alone. So I went on trips (relationship rampages) as I grew old enough.”
Your parents have always seemed to spend more time in the office then home. So you decided to go to different place and see the world outside your own town. Better than remaining at home that was for sure.
- Visit all locations
- Gain all vista levels
- Master photography (Gotta have pictures to remember it all!)
- Marry a local, have kid, yada yada
-Unlock all tombs.
- Kiss 6 sims.
- Go on at least 10 dates.
- Be boyfriend/girlfriend to 2 sims then break their hearts.
- Get married and have kid(s).
- Kill spouse, then repeat above step (as many as three times)
*optional to have kids with all three.
- Keep ghosts on lot.
- Earn bad reputation and try to get rid of it
“The more I find, the more I type, and the more I learn of my parent’s lives.”
Your parents has been everywhere with rich and wonderful stories that were always told to you ever since you (and your siblings [if any] ) were little. This sparked a creative interest in you, filling you with the need to write and paint the beautiful images they spoke about.
- Master Writing skill
- Write at least 10 books.(changed to make easier)
- Master Painting skill
- Paint at over 20 paintings (changed to make easier)
- Marry, woohoo, have kid(s)
- Be best friends with parent(s)
- Get 10,000 in royalties
- Paint your parents (and grandparents if still alive) pictures.
- Paint your children and husband
- Learn and master sculpting skill
- Make an ice sculpture of your love
- Be sure to learn how to use all material types for sculpting
- Make at least 5 sculptures.
“Though it be not quite from my parents, I learned to play the guitar, and sing simple songs.”
It must be that creative gene, because you were born with a guitar in your hand. You’ve played it ever since you were able to pick it up, not caring if you didn’t strum correctly or even well. But that you knew would get better in time. As it always does.
- Master Guitar skill.
- Get to the top of the Music Branch.
- Have at least three kids
- Get married
- Learn all songs (see optional)
-Master Painting skill (your mama and daddy be proud)
-Go visit each vacation location to learn all foreign songs if you can
Rock star Branch:
- Get a tattoo. (All rock stars get them)
- Have at least 3 signings(you are famous after all)
- Play concert at least 10 times (that is what’s going to make you go far)
- Be friend one co-worker
- Know all co-workers
- Level 5 in logic
“I loved watching bands on SimTV and everything. I dreamed to be like them. So I mastered the instruments and tried my luck with hope that my one man band will grow.”
- Master Bass
- Master Guitar
- Master Piano
- Master Drums
- Have Baby, Find love
- Start Band / Name it
- Find Three People For Band
- Play A gig
- Practice For Gig
“You’re parents were famous so you craved to be like them. You wanted to be known for talents.”
- Max Writing
- Max Charisma
- Become Five Star Celebrity
- Reach top of Film career (your pick of actor or director)
- Sue Paparazzi for slander
- Have Two Celebrity Friends
- Go To A Hot-spot Club/Bar Once A Week
- Dance at every club
- Find love of your life at bar (make a move there)
- Have a kid and get married.
- Try a drink at every bar
- Pay off Paparazzi Twice
“I always dreamed of staying home watching the kids.”
You’ve always wanted one of your own. So when you grew old enough you were overjoyed with knowing that you could have children one day. You’d play with your barbies, G.I. Joe, and doll house waiting for the one day to have your own babies.
- Adopt at least one boy and a girl (one being a child)
- Try for twins until you win!
- Teach all toddlers their skills.
- Don’t have social worker come steal the kids
- Attend at least two kids weddings (all if you are adventurous. Or can)
- Have at least five kids of your own (they grow up so fast)
- Help kids with homework every night
- Go through all levels of the day care career
- Have a kid(as may as you want) and get married only after reaching level 3
- Witness children graduate (at least first born)
- Have your kid(s) have sleepovers
- Enroll kids in after school activites.
- Feel free to send one to boarding school
“There is always a bad apple in the bunch.”
There was something about you. You were different then the others. Could it have been you were smothered in too much love from your parents or you were just born that way. Either way, things are going to change around here. For an evil better…
- Join Criminal Career
- Reach level 10 in criminal career
- Master Athletic skill
- Master Logic skill
- Pull pranks on family and neighbors (try not to get caught)
- Marry sim.
- Make baby (you want the perfect evil child)
- Befriend child
- Befriend 5 sims to best friend (evil genius need minions too)
- Max prank rep
“I won’t end up like you! I won’t I won’t.”
You were their perfect child. And you dislike it, even more so when you realized that your parents were criminals.
- Join and reach level 10 of Political career
- Reach max Charisma
- Throw a Political Party (can’t think of name) every other day.
- Get at least 10,000 for political funds
- Steal from fund once (you can’t help it, it’s in your blood)
- Donate to charity every Saturday.
- Get married as adult
- Has three babies.
- Get into fight with parent.
“Ever since I saw fire for the first time, I knew that I wanted to be around it for the rest of my life.”
- Become a firefighter
- Get the key to the city
- Max Handiness skill
- Max athletic skill
- Woohoo and Marry any service sim
- Have children
- Rescue 5 sims from the blaze
- Put out 10 fires
- Get hidden trait
- Get a child with a hidden trait
“Playing cops and robbers as a kid, I always wanted to kick bad-guy butt.”
You always wanted to take out the bad in this world. And no matter what you’d try your hardest to prevail over the evil in your town. That was your motto anyway and thus is why you trained yourself so as to be great at what you do. You got married early and had kids shortly after that so when you became an adult you were already settled down.
- Join Law Enforcement as adult.
- Max Logic skill
- Become best friends with your work partner
- Have a kid or two while a young adult
- Marry someone when young adult
- Have a best friend forever as a teen
- Have at least two friends.
- Have a fight with a burglar and win.
- Try Maxing out Painting skill (only when child/teen)
- Try Max Athletic skill (only when teen/young adult)
- Become a Private Investigator
- Snoop out 10 locations
- Write 5 papers of your findings
- Reach level 10 of PI
- Get key to the city
- Have baby
- Snoop around and follow the sim of your dreams for a day or two (it’s not stalking, its called investigating)
- Go through at least 5 garbage cans
- Don’t marry until Adult stage
- Adopt a kid.
“I always wanted to be a doctor. Helping people is something I was raised on.”
Your dad always taught you that people were always to be helped out. You’d help the old lady across the street if she wanted you to. Death was always something you wanted to help prevent if possible. Either way. You’d make this world better.
- Join the Medical career
- Max logic skill
- Be friends with siblings and parents
- Befriend Boss
- Give vaccinations to at least 10 sims.
- Have a baby
- Give a sim medical advice
- Decide gender of baby for a sim
- Befriend all co-workers
- Marry someone you vaccinate. (maybe even one that was scared to get shot)
“I was brought up that being active and healthy would lead to a longer life. Now I want to make it a lifetime goal in my pursuit of professional sports”
With your parent in the medical career, it was bound to happen that you would be around and involved in campaigns that promoted healthy living. Now, with your love of sports, you decide to combine the two and become a professional athlete.
- Join Athletic career
- Max athletic skill
- Go for a run through town once a week for exercise
- Have two kids or more.
- Get married as an adult
- Donate to charity every Saturday.
- Meet someone new once a week
“I must of gotten it from my family long down the line. I was fascinated with science and the earth”
Many years have passed since someone actually wanted to grow a garden. And being the only one whom has started it on it you being bad but begin getting better.
- Join Science career
- Max Gardening skill
- Max Hardiness skill
- Reach level 10 of Science Career
- Resurrect two ghosts
- Become a registered inventor
- Max Inventing skill
- Invent 10 toys
- Collect scrap at least 10 times from junk yard.
- Max Handiness
- Blow up things at least twice in public.
- Have a kid through time machine (They may be heir!)
- Have a death flower in your inventory at all times (feel free to pass them down through the gens)
- Make one of your kids have the genius trait.
- Marry and woohoo (not really your thing however)
- Make a simbot (or use my best friend)
- Get married (though not really your thing)
“Food, food, food, I always liked making food. I blame my parents. They had a garden.”
It was from your father and mother that you found your way into the kitchen. You’ve always like to cook since you were able to touch the stove. Fancy dishes would be your specialty. It was just something that always kept you going.
- Join Culinary career.
- Get to level 10 in Cutlery career.
- Max cooking skill
- Collect all cookbooks.
- Cook all meals for family
- Marry a sims with Natural Cook trait
- Max Gardening Skill
- Manage a bake stand while a kid.
I Loved Cooking but wanted to add my own twist to it. So I decided to become a mixologist and a nectar maker. I expect good times all around!!
- Master Mixology Skill
- Master Nectar Making
- Master Cooking
- Buy a Bar
- Get Married and have children
- Level five Gardening skill
- Make a very large collection of nectar worth at least $25,000.
“I was always interested in things like my parents were. They spent their time building robots which got me curious on all things supernatural.”
- Join and master Ghost hunting profession
- Master Logic
- Have a wife and kid
- Catch at least 50 ghosts.
- Convince at least 10 ghosts to move on
- Marry a ghost
- Learn Ambrosia
- Get all ghost colors on lot
“I could never stick to one thing as a kid which transferred with age.”
- Get to level Five in four different careers
- Meet Co-Workers
- Have Kid with two different women/get pregnant by two guys/adopt two children
- Flirt with at least three sims
- Get Married
“Even though we aren‘t from the same mother (or father), we feel like we are. And we’d like to meet all our family members.”
Born to be half-siblings, you both spent most of your time together. You both spent time together ever since you both could remember and was for the most part inseparable. People on the street thought it was cute, but not everyone was so happy to see half-siblings getting along. But you’d both prove that you two could still remain friends forever.
- Have one heir become a stylist while the other becomes a architectual designer (For together we will paint the town our way!).
- Have both heirs have kids (marriage is optional)
- Have both ‘heirs’ adopt one child sim.
- Max out required skills.
- Find relatives and throw a party for turning elder and a child’s b-day)
- Have 20 friends (it’s good for business)
- Become best friends with one of your clients for each heir
- Buy a business out together
“I didn’t find them, they found me.”
- Get Turned Into A Vampire
- Get Feed On by A Vampire
- Feed On A donor
- Master all skills (You got the time)
- Have A love Or Two (depending if you make them a vampire)
- Make A vampire
- Have Kid
- Public Woohoo in at least five different spots.
-An optional gen depends what kid gets an imaginary friend-
- Become best friends with Imaginary Friend
- Turn Imaginary Friend Real
- Max Logic
- Marry Imaginary Friend
- Go to prom with imaginary friend
- Go on date with imaginary friend